Amanda Jones Presents:
Modern Architecture & Comfort in Bernal Heights - $2,100,000
An excellent floor plan, attention to details that matter, and careful selection of durable/green materials make this home as beautiful as it is functional, and comfortable to live in. After undergoing a 14 month renovation by Studio S Squared Architecture, Inc., with the exception of one section of wall, this four-bedroom, three-and-a-half bath home is a new home from the foundation to the roof.
Making the most of its extra wide lot, the property is enclosed by a Fiberon wood fence that provides a high level of security while creating a private landscaped garden at the front entry. With its soothing fountain, curved pathway and flourishing natural plantings, this green courtyard is an extension of the main living space. The entry hall and main living area off this garden make a dramatic statement, with a two-story window and accent wall wrapped in alder wood planks highlighting a builtin fireplace.
The expansive professional kitchen has Caesarstone counters, Thermador appliances, domestically-fabricated cabinets and a built-in breakfast bar made of Carrara marble. The dining room has a large focal wall of tile and a perfect niche for art. The family room directly adjacent to the kitchen and dining area is open and airy, and wired for Dolby 7.1 surround. Two sets of glass doors open from the dining room and the family room into a landscaped courtyard with maintenance-free Trex decking, herb garden for the kitchen, and another pleasant water feature. This hard-working outdoor room also features water, electrical, and sewer hookups for a possible outdoor kitchen, and a separate connection for a gas barbeque grille.
The floor directly above has three bedrooms, two baths, laundry, and a light-filled loft area set up for a home office. Full-height interior sliding doors in the fourth bedroom and direct access to a deck area make it a perfect multi-purpose room when not being used as a bedroom. A luxurious full-floor master suite is perched above with sweeping views of the city and bay.
- Quality finishes throughout including Porcelanosa tile and sustainably harvested Mahogany (FSC) cabinets and interior doors
- Grohe, Hansgrohe, Toto, and Kohler plumbing fixtures
- Emtek and Baldwin door hardware
- Jeld-Wen sliding doors and Allweather windows
- Excellent floor plan with 3 bedrooms/2 baths on one level including an additional office space
- Spacious View master bedroom on upper level with green roof/deck area
- Luxurious master bath with steam shower, Jacuzzi® heated/jetted soaking tub (tested but never used), ample storage, & dual vanities/commodes
- Chef’s kitchen with Thermador appliances, pot filler, and instant hot water
- Family room features custom built ins and is wired for 9 speakers & video
- Landscaped garden in front with fountain, pathway lights, drip irrigation, and hardscape path to trash bin area
- Two car tandem garage with high ceilings and interior access to main living area – wide enough to fit a truck
- Central vacuum, Aiphone intercom and electronic gate release, whole house 6-zone radiant heat system, hard-wired ADT alarm system with two control panels, solar photovoltaic panels, and rain water collection systems
- Built in HTD speakers in six rooms, amplifier included in sale*
- Full size side-by-side laundry closet on the main bedroom level
- Recirculating hot water loop to master bathroom
- Green design = low cost of operating and maintenance
- Convenient to Cortland Street shopping, restaurants, Alemany farmer’s market, tech shuttles and major freeways
*Pioneer Receiver and DVD player not included
Sunday, 4/7 - 2-4PM
Tuesday, 4/9 - 2:30:-4PM
Additional Showings by Appointment:
Contact Amanda Jones - 415.218.2179 - firstname.lastname@example.org
On the site of a former cow pasture and dairy sits Bernal Heights, one of the last neighborhoods to be "discovered" in San Francisco. Bernal and its stock of smaller Victorians offers great views of the city looking north, sunny weather, and a family oriented neighborhood that is slowly transforming from its blue-collar roots to an neighborhood congenial to artists, political progressives and professionals who enjoy the homey lifestyle of Bernal.
Bernal is bounded by two parks. The largest is the undeveloped open space Bernal Heights, beloved of dog walkers and makeshift soap box derby racers who host an underground race down the curving closed roads. At the foot of Bernal, Precita Park offers families with young children a playground and large expanse of mown grass to romp around in.
The retail center of Bernal Heights can be found along Cortland Street. Small, funky one-of-a-kind boutiques, bookstores, and gift shops are interspersed with ethnic restaurants that on a single block can range from French to Nepali to Salvadoran cuisine.
Local bars include neighborhood favorite, El Rio, and its lineup of neo-country bands, Wild Side West and its fireplace, and the down home Skip's Tavern. Bernal Heights is bounded by Mission Street along its Western edge, which provides MUNI bus service, and within walking distance, a BART station at 24th and Mission.